Curfew Policy & House Rules Policy (02/01/11)
Numerous residents, guest, and especially unaccompanied and unsupervised minors hae been in or upon the walkways, driveways, playgrounds, parking lots, breezeways, or other common areas of the property owned by the Authority during the late evening and early morning hours, thereby creating a variety of disorderly, criminal, and potentially dangerous activities which present not only a hazard to the minors, but a hazard and disturbance to other residents of the Authority, their families, and guests.
In order to alleviate this problem, a curfew is hereby imposed at all Authority-owned properties, to include the walkways, driveways, parking lots, playgrounds, breezeways, or other common areas between the hours of 10:30 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. The curfew is applicable to all residents, guests, and any other persons on the property of the Authority.
Between the hours of 10:30 p.m. and 6:00 a.m., it shall not be permitted for any person to be in or upon the walkways, driveways, playgrounds, parking lots, breezeways, or other common areas of Authority-owned properties, unless such person is using such common areas as a means of entry or exit to or from a resident unit. Any resident that violates the foregoing curfew shall be considered to have violated his or her lease and shall be subject to eviction by the Authority. Further, any resident who is the parent, guardian, or other adult person having care, custody, or control of any child under the age of nineteen (19) years, or who allows such child to violate the foregoing curfew, shall be considered to have violated his or her lease and shall be subject to eviction by the Authority.
The Admissions and Continued Occupancy Policy of the Authority and the rules and regulations governing permitted uses of Authority property shall hereby include the foregoing provisions:
Mandatory House Rules
These Mandatory House Rules (these “Rules”) shall apply to Resident and all members of residents’ household (each included in the term “Resident” for purposes of these Rules) and to all guests or other invitees of Resident (each considered “Guests” for purposes of these Rules). Resident shall be responsible for the behavior of all Guests of Resident, and a violation of these rules by any Guest of Resident shall be considered a violation of these Rules by Resident.
Noise and Conduct
- Gang Activity will not be tolerated at any time on the property of DRHA.
- DRHA has imposed a Curfew Policy. Residents and Guests are required to abide by the rules and regulations as set forth in the Curfew Policy.
- Resident and Guests shall not be in the company of any person who has been banned from any property of DRHA and/or allow any person who has been banned from any property of DRHA to enter Resident’s unit.
- Residents and Guests shall not engage in any activity that endangers any person. This includes any type of violent, drug, and/or criminal behavior.
- Residents and Guests shall not make or allow any excessive noise on the premises nor permit any actions that will interfere with the rights, comforts, or conveniences of other persons.
- Residents and Guests shall refrain, and shall ensure that minors likewise refrain from activities and behaviors inside and outside the Premises (patios, balconies, common areas, parking areas, breezeways) that are likely to annoy or disturb other persons. Residents and Guests shall refrain from creating, or allowing to be created, any noise or activity that is disturbing (loitering, partying, loud conversations, etc.) to other Residents or neighbors. Consumption of alcoholic beverages in common areas (breezeways, parking lots, yard areas, picnic areas) is absolutely prohibited.
- All children under the age of 13 on the Premises shall be supervised by a responsible adult at all times. Children shall not be permitted to play in or upon parking lots, carports, and laundry areas. No toys or other objects shall be left in public areas or walkways or otherwise create a safety hazard.
- Vandalism or destruction of plants and other landscaping, gardening equipment, or any other equipment or property belonging to DRHA is prohibited. Residents shall pay to DRHA any costs associated with repairing damage to DRHA property caused by Residents or Guests.
- Residents and Guests shall not tamper with the DRHA Security alarm systems. This includes trying to disarm the system once it is activated, or intentionally activating the pull station located inside the apartment.
- DRHA has an Identification Card Policy which states that all residents 13 years of age or older must carry a DRHA Picture ID card with them at all times.
Vehicles and Parking
Residents and Guests shall comply with the parking policy as incorporated within the Lease. Any vehicle parked in a DRHA parking lot must have a valid inspection sticker, up-to-date tags, a valid DRHA parking sticker displayed in accordance with the parking policy, and must be in operable condition. If such vehicle is not in compliance with the above stipulations, it will be towed off DRHA property.
Safety and Security
- Security is the responsibility of Residents. DRHA assumes no responsibility or liability, unless otherwise provided by law, for the safety and security of Residents and Guests, or for injury or damage caused by criminal acts of other persons.
- All DRHA dwelling units have locks on exterior doors. It is Resident’s responsibility to ensure that locks are secured upon exiting Premises and to notify maintenance if any lock is not functioning properly. When leaving for an extended period of time, Residents shall notify DRHA Management as to the length of time of Resident’s absence.
- Residents shall not smoke in bed. Residents shall check that all appliances are turned off prior to leaving Premises.
- Smoke Detectors should be operable at all times. If Resident finds that the smoke detector is not working properly, then maintenance should be contacted immediately. There is a $50.00 fine for any smoke detector intentionally disconnected if found by DRHA staff.